What: We believe that the DBT Skills are so valuable to everyone that we are providing classes FREE virtually and in person. These classes are for adults over the age of 18 who want to learn the DBT skills. The classes are taught in 4 modules, with 6 weeks in each module: Mindfulness/Walking the Middle Path, Emotion Regulation, Distress Tolerance, and Interpersonal Effectiveness. It is preferable that participants join at the beginning of the module but they can join at any class and leave at any time.
Please note: This is not a therapy group, nor does it replace the need for therapy. We do recommend that participants have a therapist or a support person to help them process and implement these skills. Class leaders will not have any contact with the individuals attending outside of the class. Although we recommend you practice the skills taught outside of class to get the most out of it, we will not be assigning or reviewing homework. Because this is not therapy, we cannot allow any discussions of individual problems or life-threatening behaviors such as suicide, self-harm, and no/or limited discussion of other potentially triggering topics such as drug or alcohol use, domestic violence, abuse, etc.
Virtual Class Agenda and Information:
- We will start with a review of the class guidelines and welcome new attendees.
- Participate in a brief Mindfulness.
- Teach the Skill of the day
- Suggest Recommended Practice.
We recommend that people attend with their cameras on and are muted unless they are speaking.
When: The class has been occurring on the first and third Tuesday of each month from 5:30 pm to 7 pm and will continue through August, 2022. As of September, 2022, the class will be offered on the first and third Wednesday of the month from 6:00 to 7:30.
Where: We will be providing this class via Zoom. Once you register, you will get the zoom link which will be the same every class.
How to register for the class: (Please register one week before the class to insure sufficient time)
- Read this class description and send an email to email@example.com. noting your interest in joining or if you have any questions.
- Read, complete, and print (e.g. as PDF) the consent waiver consent form: Download Waiver
- Return the completed waiver form via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Once we have the consent, we will send you the zoom link and the skills teaching materials.
- Please come to the group on time. If you come during mindfulness, we will let you into the zoom room once mindfulness is finished.
In-Person Class Agenda and Information: